Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Plot: Visitors weekend

How I miss this girl. I was so excited that she came to spend the weekend with us, though not so excited for some of the other events of the weekend.

Friday night before Kelly arrived, we received a knock on our door from our landlord. She had a troubled look on her face and asked to look at our hot water heater, apparently the apartment below us was getting soaked. About an hour after that we had some men come shut our water off and told us we would be getting a new heater in the morning. Kelly arrived shortly after this.

Sure enough, at 9 the next morning we had a new hot water heater being installed. I was so excited, since previously we
only had enough hot water to take one hot shower and one lukewarm one.

We went out for the day with Kelly, showed her around town and such, but when we came back we had yet another surprise. Some men were in our apartment installing "Driz" an industrial vacuum that sucks water out of the floor. It had to run constantly for three days... awesome.
*below* "Driz"
However, we did not let this stop us from enjoying the weekend. We also did a fun craft while Kelly was here. Nathan and I bought some muslin fabric to make curtains out of and some coffee to dye them. They didn't turn out quite as dark as we thought they would, but we like them. I'll let the series of pictures tell the story.

Coffee pot fail lets try boiling it ready to pour
stirring and such
So exhausting..

For finished product please see our video labled: Setting

Thanks to Kelly for photographing these special events:)




No comments:

Post a Comment