Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Plot: Hillcrest Halloween

So, apparently there is this street here in Louisville that absolutely loves to decorate for Halloween. Every year Hillcrest Ave. goes all out and puts up the cities most extravagant display of Halloween decorations, the most I have ever seen on one street. Families take walks up and down the street starting a couple weeks before to see the progress being made and point out what they like. Some houses go the typical spooky Halloween type decorations, but the more interesting ones, in my opinion, are the themed ones. I posted a picture of two of my favs of the night. The first was the Charlie Brown themed yard, complete with an automated Charlie trying to kick the football Lucy is holding, he flips all the way around and the owner made them all, which made it even more impressive. And in second place was a yard full of puns, since I am such a sucker for puns I couldn't pass it up. Others included a haunted luau, Shelob's lair, and the best in Nathans opinion, the Nightmare before Christmas.


Nathan and I took a walk down the street after work on Monday just as all the little kiddos were making their way out. We were just going to see everything put together since we drive down the street every day, but ended up getting some candy out of the deal since we still had our costumes on from work. (Nathan was a neutrino and I was a cat 5 cable-work joke)

  

Later we had some fun with some dry ice Nathan had left over from his class when we got home to make a nice end to our first Halloween together.

No comments:

Post a Comment