Monday, October 3, 2011

Plot: Locked out

There is nothing quite like the feeling of complete helplessness. Over the course of the past ten months, Nathan and I have been able to lock ourselves out of our apartment at least three times and I have locked my keys in my car once or twice and it leaves you feeling quite helpless.  I bring this up because just this past weekend it happened again..

I had been drinking a lot of water on Friday, when we got back from dinner with our friends who were in town (Dan and Jenna) and Scott, I rushed upstairs to unlock the door to use the bathroom leaving the keys in the lock. Nathan was following behind and took them out and set them on the table, he also, for some reason took his keys from his pocket and set them on the table as well. He grabbed some spices for cider and we headed out again locking the door from the inside, neither noticing that the keys still lay on the table. Once in the hallway however, we both realized neither of us had a key to get back in..

Knocking on our apartment managers door was fruitless. He was out, or ignoring us. So our only other option was to find the guy who cleans the apartment building since he also has a set of keys. What is somewhat tricky is that he lives on the other side of our building. Going out side would mean we would get locked out since the entrance doors to the building lock. Thankfully there is another way to get there. Nathan ventured down to the basement through the laundry room and back up the other side and found the door. For the second time with in a couple of months, we were graciously let back into our apartment to retrieve our keys.

Hopefully we get better at this before we start having babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment